Cool Downz Cool Down All Day
Cool Downz Cool Down All Day
Out of stock|
|CHOKING HAZARD -- Toy contains a marble. Not for children under 3 yrs.|
|CHOKING HAZARD -- Toy contains a small ball. Not for children under 3 yrs.|
|CHOKING HAZARD -- This toy is a marble. Not for children under 3 yrs.|
|CHOKING HAZARD -- This toy is a small ball. Not for children under 3 yrs.|
|CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.|
You save money especially if you are currently talking cold showers or keep the air conditioner running. Save on replacement cost. Use it hundreds and hundreds of times. Looks like you are wearing a fashionable scarf. Stay cool on the golf course, running, jogging, soccer, watching sports, walking at the beach, in the garden, at the pool or on the boat or motorcycle. Great for migraines, seasickness, hangovers or just to cool down and relax. Dip in cold water and within minutes you will feel soothing relief. Takes only a few minutes and you are ready to go! Available in: Pink, Orange, Navy Blue, Army camouflage, Flames, Olive Green, Patriotic and Rainbow with smiley faces.
|Package Length:||4.6 inches|
|Package Width:||2.6 inches|
|Package Height:||0.2 inches|
|Package Weight:||0.05 pounds|
|Average Customer Rating:|| based on 98 reviews|
Keep Cool All Day
Great for Work or Play
Use as a Headband or Neckband
Safe for all ages
|Average Customer Review: ( 98 customer reviews )
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
87 of 87 found the following review helpful:
Works for me! See below How and Why Aug 02, 2008
By Theresa Griffiths
I use to order these Cool Downz from QVC and they no longer carry them so now find them else where. Anyway, Here is what you need to do to make them work! Put it in a large pan and cover with cold water at least 2 inches above it. Wait at least an hour or so because it swells up better.
Then put it in your freezer! From using these for a couple of years I've learned this and it does work. I keep two in my freezer at all times.
I have hot flashes etc. and sometimes I need something fast and cold! When I take out one I either lay it around my lower neck area or around the top of my head on my hair. As it starts to unfreeze I can then tie it closer and closer on my neck area or where ever. By doing this it does last for hours and when it's not cold or cool enough I just go and put it back in water to soak and get out the other one if needed. DO NOT let them dry out!!! When you open it you can feel the little things inside the material that helps make the water swell up so you want to feel it and make sure they are not clumped on one area and if they are just spead them out moving them within the material. You can reuse these also and some seem to last longer than others, but I use them over and over till I know it's just the end of it. If you get hot flashes this works well for me. As you keep reusing them you will notice a tid bit of drip not much at all,but wouldn't use them if I was working with electrical to be safe! Keep in mind when you freeze it lay it in the shape like a U wide enough so when you take it out it will fit your neck. The instructions for Cool Downz does not say to use it in the freezer and it doesn't tell you to soak it as long as I said, but if you do buy them you will see the difference in what I'm telling you. I have even gone places and took them in a small cooler with lots of ice so that I know when I need a cool down I'm not out somewhere without it and I put it in the cooler straight from my freezer to keep it cold and I put the ice on top of them. So far this is the best thing I have found. I have used a cold gel pack you can freeze from the drug store and it doesn't last long at all. If something out there is better...Someone please let me know. :)
3 of 3 found the following review helpful:
Fail - Just too many downsides to make it a great product. Jul 15, 2014
By Sheri in Reho
We are having a beastly hot and humid July here at the beach where I live, and I have to be out in it several times a day to walk my dog. I figured this Cool Downz bandana-type product would help dramatically to keep me cooled down on my walks. Not so much.
The first time I used my star-spangled Cool Downz, on July 4th, I soaked it in water as per the instructions, the crystals inside it puffed way up, I (attempted to) wring it out and I put it around my neck. This was the only time I can say I truly felt the cooling benefit of the product, and even then for a very short time. I took it off within a short while of putting it on.
The second time (a day or two later), the crystals had shrunk back down, so I just dunked in water briefly and put it in the fridge for a good while. If someone else had done this without telling me, I would not have been able to notice a difference. Hard to imagine that something was in the fridge overnight and I couldn't tell the difference in cooling!
The third time (a week or so later), I soaked in water overnight. I again did my best to wring it out and tied it to my backpack strap to go off to the beach. By the time I got to the beach and put it on, there was very little cooling effect.
I see almost no difference between using this 7 dollar product and using a wet paper towel or regular bandana.
1. There is no way for customers to choose the color or pattern you want when ordering from Amazon. I took off a 1/2 star for that because I think that is just stupid. People want to know that they're not getting some putrid color or loud pattern.
2. It looks cheap and tacky. I sew, so I know how easy a prospect it would be to turn the "tube" of fabric inside out so that the stitching of the seams would be on the inside vs. the outside. External stitching makes it look like a craft project. Minus 1/2 star.
3. It doesn't stay cool long, even when put in the refrigerator. Major fail. Took off 2 stars as that is its primary purpose!
4. Once it is soaked in water and the crystals swell, it is next to impossible to wring the water out. As a result, whatever shirt you're wearing gets and stays wet the whole time you're wearing the Cool Downz product.
5. If you're not super careful with how you store it, the product takes on a musty/mildewy smell (as mine has).
6. The washing instructions say hand wash ONLY, which is understandable given that it is filled with these crystals. But for something that has been around my sweaty head or neck and now smells musty, I really wish I could wash it more thoroughly.
It's not so bad that I'm going to throw it away, but it's not so good that I am motivated to wear it regularly, despite the heat.
25 of 35 found the following review helpful:
WARNING DO NOT PURCHASE Jun 25, 2009
By Susan M. Justice
The seller of this product 'lies'
1. they state - multiple patterns I ordered THREE and everyone was WHITE
2. they stated TWO per order I GOT ONE
4. I spent over 40.00 to get THREE of these
5. I have now learned they run 4 for 10 everywhere else OR ONE FOR 3.00
6. The going price is 3.00 for ONE or 4 for 10 - THE SAME brand is 3.98 for ONE why would I pay 9.38 for ONE????? PLUS SHIPPING???? My total for THREE of these was in excess of FOURTY dollars - then I tried to call them about this and I have to pay to send them back and LOSE the 12.00 they charged me to ship this little item that weighed LESS THAN A LETTER.
Consider yourself forewarned - by the way these cooler items do work very well I bought 4 for 10 from Amazon and they are WONDERFUL just this buying experience was horrid and over priced.
Search for Neck Cooler to find a NON rip off solution.Cool Downz Cool Down All DayCool Downz Cool Down All Day
5 of 6 found the following review helpful:
Keep cool for hours Apr 07, 2010
By Amazon Customer
I have used these to help me in very hot climates. They work quite well. The only problem is that you need to have a way to pack them when they are not yet dried out. I use a zipper plastic bag. You also need to rinse them out occasionally and let them dry completely or they will begin to smell bad.
2 of 2 found the following review helpful:
This is Handy for Hot Days Jul 02, 2014
By Busy Mom
This is a lot thinner than what I am used to. My entire family likes using the bandanna sized cool down when we're hiking or outside on a hot day, working in the yard. This is a tiny little ribbon that I have taken to wear as a headband to cool me down. It doesn't have the marbles at both ends of the scarf so you can tie it easily.
I did soak it for fifteen minutes and wrap it around my hair to keep my head cool, and it did last for awhile.
The only thing I am not crazy about is the flag theme on my scarf as I prefer solid colors, but since it is a Vine item, I will not complain too much about it. My kids love it though and will use it often.
It works and it does help cool one down in the midst of summer heat.
See all 98 customer reviews on Amazon.com